Completion of the project "Thermal efficiency improvement of poviat organizational units of the poviat of Iława"
- Opublikowano: środa, 26 kwiecień 2017 09:00
- Odsłony: 1022
The project "Thermal efficiency improvement of poviat organizational units of the poviat of Iława", which started in July 2015, has come to a close. The project was subsidised with the resources of the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2009-2014/the Norwegian Financial Mechanism 2009-2014 under the PL04 programme "Energy saving and promoting renewable energy sources". The investment would not have been possible but for support from external funds. The project subsidised with the resources from Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein contributes to a decrease in the economic and social differences in the European Economic Area and to the strengthening of bilateral relations between the donor-state and the beneficiary.
The total cost of the project: 2,785,374.74 zł
Subsidy: 2,228,299.34 zł
Contribution of the budget of the poviat of Iława: 557,075.40 zł
The need for the project arose from the performed diagnosis of the energetic efficiency of the poviat public facilities. Also, the expectations and needs of the community and the need to implement the policy of the European Union within scope of the reduction in emissions were taken into account.
The main objective of the investment was to improve the energy efficiency of public facilities belonging to the poviat of Iława and to increase the share of the energy from renewable sources. The investment will help to reduce or avoid emissions of CO2 by 922.99 Mg/year. The energy from renewable sources will amount to 785.43 MWh/year.
The scope of the project covered thermal efficiency improvement of the buildings of
• the Poviat Road Management in Iława,
• the Irena Kosmowska Complex of Schools in Susz,
• the Complex of Schools of the Constitution of 3rd May in Iława
• the modernisation of the central heating system in the Poviat Starosty building in Iława as well as the installation of solar photovoltaic panels on its roof.
The mentioned facilities were not energy efficient, which caused a significant burden for the budget of the local government. The reduction of the heat loss through the thermal efficiency improvement (thermal insulation of the external walls of the buildings, replacement of the doors and windows), the modernisation of the central heating system (replacement of the radiators and thermostats), the modernisation of the hot water system and the installation of solar collectors and photovoltaic panels is not only a pro-ecological and energy saving action but also raises the public awareness of the need to respect energy and of the reasons for the use of renewable sources.
The following works were carried out:
• thermal insulation of the external walls of the buildings - 6685.68 m2,
• replacement of windows - 326.08 m2 (96 pcs),
• replacement of doors - 31.98 m2 (7 pcs),
• modernisation of in-building systems (central heating, hot water) - 4 pcs,
• installation of solar collectors - 24 m2 (24 pcs) in the Irena Kosmowska Complex of Schools in Susz,
• installation of a 220 kW biomass boiler- 1 pc. in the Irena Kosmowska Complex of Schools in Susz,
• installation of 39.90 kW photovoltaic panels on the roof of the building of the Poviat Starosty in Iława.
Undoubtedly, the investment has an impact on the improvement in the studying conditions in the poviat educational centres, i.e. in the Complex of Schools of the Constitution of 3rd May in Iława and in the Irena Kosmowska Complex of Schools in Susz. Also, the working conditions in the Poviat Road Management in Iława and in the Poviat Starosty in Iława will improve. The ceremony of the successful completion of the project took place during the concluding conference on 11th April 2017 in the conference room of the Poviat Starosty in Iława. The completion of the project by the poviat of Iława is one of the positive effects of the use of funds from Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.